Another in the Bat Series. Since Harley Quinn was the previous submission, I went with Poison Ivy. She seemed to crop up a lot when I was researching the Harley Image. I have to say, that she was a bit difficult. She doesn't have a lot of accessories, and you can really hide a lot of problem areas with a good billowing cape! I also tried to produce the image a little differently this time.
I started with a small sketch maybe about 4.5" tall. I scanned the image and cleaned it up a bit, converted into a blue line and shrunk the head slightly and re-positioned some of the features. I faded the lines slightly and then printed it out to fit onto an 8.5x11 sheet. On that image I inked the lines with a Pitt pen, tightening up the lines and filling in detail. On this level I started to fill in the detail of the background. After this stage I laid the image over a light table and traced the dark lines onto the light green page. That page got some additional detail and then finally the color! The color was done with copic markersI also used a brush for the first time to fill in the background with black ink. Something I haven't done before.
So, I still have to do this again to see if I can get better at it...and faster!